Sunday, February 19, 2012

Heavy rank - kgs

after getting to 14k on kgs I got a huge burst of confidence and started studying like crazy.
I've won my first 9 games as a 14k. However my rank is not going up much. This is due to
the 'heaviness' of my rank. The more ranked games you play the less freely your rank moves. This is a problem in the kgs ranking system. If your rank gets heavy their are a couple things you can do
1. make a new account (obviously a new account is very light.)
2. play stronger players without handicap and beat them (this overcomes the heaviness by playing heavy matches)
3. take a break from ranked games for a few weeks(after a while your rank will become light again.)

Thanks for reading hope you don't have to suffer the same problem I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment